Wednesday, January 20, 2010

House Of Grime Mixes 002: DJ Fewie

Here it is, the second guest mix installment ! I've been more than happy with the response from the 1st one, with plenty more downloads than initially expected. So since then I've been organising lots with many DJ's - some up and coming, and some well established. I've listened to DJ Fewie's show on Urban FMTV a few times and with an impressed feeling I hooked up a mix. Download it after the Q&A.

DJ Fewie..introduce yourself to us, how long have you been DJ'ing for and how did you get started ?

I'm a 22 year old up and coming DJ from Luton. I've been mixing for about a year and a half now. I got into it because it's something I've always wanted to do and I was always listening to DJ mixes rather than the vocal side of grime so when my bros got some technics he gave me his Numarks so I could start mixing myself and make my own mixes.

You've got a Saturday night slot on Urban FMTV how did that come about ?

I emailed Raw on myspace asking if I could get a show on there. He listened to my mixes off myspace, liked what he heard and offered me a slot.

Tell us about the tracks you chose for this mix, why do you like them and why did you use these in particular ?

I chose these beats to put in the mix as most of them are bubbly and skippy beats which I prefer mixing with and get me more on a hype when mixing. Big up all the producers making them type of beats. I put the Rukus & Acid tune in there also as they're mcs from Luton I rate and want to promote them. Im hopefully gonna get more mcs from Luton back on spitting so listen out for them sets.

How far can you see yourself progressing as a DJ ?

I would like to see myself going to the top and be a well known DJ in grime. I've still got to get my mixing perfected but one day I hope to be up there with the best !

What equipment did you use for this mix ?

I use Pioneer CDJ 400's, Behringer djx700 mixer and record with audacity.

Finally what can we expect from you in the near future ?

Getting my name out more. Doing more sets with mc's. Im also on Roundhouse Radio with Score5 & Meshak Nasty so lock in every saturday to hear some mad mixing from all djs. Lock into www.urbanfmtv.com every saturday 10-12 & http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/ saturdays from 10-11 on rotation with Meshak Nasty and catch Score5 after 11-12. If you like this mix you can listen to other mixes of mine on http://www.mixcloud.com/selectafewie

Tracklisting
Rukus & Acid - Hard Barring (Igniter Productions)
F-T - Jahney Riddim
Gumzy - Ferrari
SRC - Lemsip
Dazeler - SuperStar
Plastician - Badboy Sound
Teeza - BBQ Bass
Flirta D, Ribz, Napper & Shizzle - Pull Up Dat Remix (Dexplicit Productions)
Dexplicit - Blazer
DOK - Akuma (Exo Remedy Remix)
DOK - Warning (Geo Remix)
Exo Remedy - Gorgonzola
Exo Remedy - Petrol Head
Spooky - Prime Suspect
Moony - Shanty
Rudekid - Aftershave (Santino Remix)
OG'z - Ogeezus (Spooky Productions)
Caspa - Where's My Money (L-Vis 1990 Dubblestep Remix)
Nocturnal - Dont Phone Me
Spooky - Blood Pressure
Nana Featuring Fumin' & Baby Blue - One Night Stand (Dexplicit Productions)

Download
(Alternate Download)

No comments: