Thursday, December 24, 2009

Been There Done That. (GotTheBoyBetterKnowTShirt)


Typically simple cover-art from Skepta. But it's not Matt Benson's great photography skills that are going to influence me upon pre-ordering this CD. It's the contents of the shiny compact-disc beneath the cover, which judging by the tracklisting, are going to sound very good.

Tracklisting:
1. Been There Done That
2. Spit Big Bars
3. Blow My Own Trumpet
4. All Over The House (w/ Shorty & Majestic)
5. Over The Top 2 (w/ Bloodline)
6. English Breakfast
7. We Don't Give A Fuck (w/ Juelz Santana)
8. B O Double S (w/ Fem Fel & Julie)
9. Solo's Back (w/ BBK)
10. Stupid (w/ Wiley)
11. Nokia Charger Wire
12. No Love For The Other Side 


A very promising yet somewhat confusing array of tracks. Unless I severely overdosed on a late Friday night dosage of Methadrone, I'm pretty sure Nokia Charger Wire was included as part of the tunes-that-should-of-been-on-my-album - so-have-them-for-free-on-my-birthday-instead 2 track package. His "link-up" with Rapper Juelz Santana isn't very good and I'm not all that keen on Blow My Own Trumpet. I will be buying this CD, but in the process of doing so I won't be able to hide my slightly dissapointed and rather bumped-off look. If the CD was a compilation of tracks we've heard but not been able to hear for donkey's years I'd feel a lot better, but there are tunes on there that we haven't heard; the CD is exclusive to UK Record Shop which means no audio previews. I will not be disappointed Stupid nor Over The Top 2...and..There is light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of light. In fact I think I'm blinded (no Mike Skinner).

Bonus Instrumentals
13. Private Caller 2
14. UFO
15. Autopsy
16. Red Bull Academy


UFO is THAT beat. It's been teasing my ears since I first heard it on Rinse 04, and since Big H used it for Hooligan on Street Crime UK. Autopsy is an all-time classic, along with Private Caller 2, and Red Bull Academy is well - and truly -  FU&@*D. Get the CD in January or pre-order it right now.

VIEW THIS YOUTUBE PLAYLIST FOR A PREVIEW.

No comments: